Software Engineer Embedded Systems
Evalan is looking for a ‘Software Engineer Embedded Systems’ to join our team of Electronics, Software, Mechanical and Industrial Design Engineers in Amsterdam. In cooperation with various partners, Evalan is developing new mobile devices that support our remote monitoring and ‘IoT’ applications. These devices are used in Smart Healthcare and Smart Agriculture applications. In this role you will work together in a multi-disciplinary team of colleagues on the development of these devices, from concept stage through pilot testing. Specifically, you will be responsible for the development of the embedded software, as well as the implementation of this software and the test scenarios.
Evalan delivers end-to-end IoT solutions and runs a production and assembly operation to support that. Many of the IoT solutions we create have innovative first-of-its-kind elements. In many of our projects our challenges include translating these into practical implementations that can be scaled.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Design and develop secure, reliable, efficient firmware for new embedded devices
- Write, test, maintain, and troubleshoot source code using standardized processes and development guidelines
- Provide time estimates for assigned development tasks
- Assist in code reviews
- Research and learn new technologies
- Play a direct role in maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of company-used technologies and code
- Participate in the ongoing development of technical best practices
- Write documentation for internal use
- Collaborate with embedded software, backend and frontend developers, as well as Product Owners, Project Managers and our Design Team.
For this position Evalan is looking for an engineer with a University Degree or with similar knowledge level obtained through professional experience, specialized in Embedded Systems, Computer Science, Technical Informatics or Electronics, who likes to get involved with new and innovative concepts. Flexibility, enthusiasm and good technical skills are important. In addition you bring the following:
- Knowledge of Programming Languages such as C and C++
- Knowledge of Electronics
- Experience in developing software for RTOS and embedded applications
- Ability to take a hands-on approach and dive into details where needed
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with others internally and externally
- Ability to analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way
- Experience with a development management methodology, like SCRUM or similar
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Good working knowledge of English (written and verbal)
- An interest in broadening your horizon
- Working with a leader in IoT innovations
- A good benefits package with competitive salary
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic company with an open and informal work atmosphere
- Be part of a fast growing, motivated, international team from over 12 nationalities
- Participation in a pension program
- Hybrid work arrangements based on your own preference
- 24 to 36 vacation days depending on your own preference
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks
- For international applicants that qualify – we manage your work visa and your application for 30% tax free income (subject to approval by the Dutch Tax Authorities)
We offer our employees opportunities for professional development, through assignments that enable the acquiring of new knowledge and skills, and the ability to participate in a personalized program of courses.
Evalan is an innovation company based in the Netherlands. Evalan develops, markets and sells services that use state-of-the-art communications technology, with focus on remote monitoring and “Internet of Things” solutions. To support the delivery of these services, Evalan develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and user interfaces on various platforms. Some of these services have been spun off into focused start-up companies. Evalan works in cooperation with international technology partners and universities, and executes projects for industrial companies, hospitals and research organizations. Trade names of Evalan's products are ARMOR, BACE, BACE go, SmartEagle and Sensemedic.
Evalan's team of professionals operate in a dynamic professional environment in the center of Amsterdam, with room for initiative, independence in decision-making and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people. We are growing and find ourselves in an exciting industry that is experiencing rapid changes through technical breakthroughs